Sonic Enclosures is seeking an Engineering Manager in our manufacturing department. The qualified candidate will plan and control the design and development of the products and services we provide to customers in the mining, oil & gas, energy, utilities, municipal and EPCM market sectors; and will be responsible for the development, planning, control, execution, and closing of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer with membership in APEGBC or other provincially regulated authority
- 10 to 15 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Some management experience with responsibility for people, budgets and projects
- Solid technical skills and experience
- Create and execute project work plans, update appropriately to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify project specifications and design standards, prepare schedules and coordinate with others
- Analyze project profitability during project, manage project budget for material, shop and engineering labor
- Perform design work and be responsible for design work of others under direct management
- Monitor material delivery and liaise with clients in matters relating to technical issues
- Cost efficient on accountable decisions on parts (purchasing vs. manufacturing)
- Monitor project and production schedule and recommend remedial action where required
- Supervise, motivate and manage design team and Project Managers
- Communicate with customers regarding project status and shipping dates
- Monitor, update and change the project and production schedule and recommend necessary actions
About Sonic Enclosures
Backed by over 40 years of history and experience, Sonic Enclosures has built a reputation for integrity, uncompromising quality, and engineering excellence in the design and manufacturing of pre-fabricated metal buildings for industrial applications. We have a strong in-house base of registered mechanical and electrical engineers with extensive knowledge and many years of experience.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to quote Engineering Manager Application in the Subject Line.